Best Fall Activities To Do In Columbus
What’s not to love about fall in Columbus? Buckeye season is beginning, the leaves are changing colors, and there’s a chill in the air that’s perfect for your favorite sweater.
If you are looking for some fun and affordable activities to enjoy with the whole family this season, grab your pumpkin spice coffee and read on. We’ve compiled a list of our top 5 favorite autumnal things to do in Columbus that will get you outside enjoying the crisp weather without breaking the bank:
- Go Apple Picking
Apple picking is one of those classic fall things to do in Ohio. It’s an early fall activity that sets the mood for the rest of the season. There are lots of places to pick apples around Columbus and many locations have other activities in addition to apple picking so you can make an afternoon out of it.
Here are some great places for apple picking in Columbus:
- Lynd Fruit Farm in Pataskala
- The Orchard and Company in Plain City
- Cherry Hawk Farm in Marysville
- Branstool Orchards in Utica
- Visit A Pumpkin Patch
It doesn’t get more fall than spending an afternoon at a pumpkin patch – throw in a hayride, drinking apple cider and a corn maze and what could be more festive!
Here are a few pumpkin patches to check out this fall in Central Ohio:
- Circle S Farms in Grove City
- Leeds Farm in Ostrander
- Lehners Pumpkin Farm in Radnor
- Lynd Fruit Farm in Pataskala
- Visit A Columbus Park
One of the perks of living in the midwest is our beautiful fall weather. Enjoy the blue skies, crisp air and vibrant leaves with a visit to one of the 19 metro parks in Columbus. Central Ohio’s park system includes more than 230 miles of trails and over 27,700 acres of land across 7 counties!
In addition to activities like hiking and biking, you’ll find special events for the whole family. More information can be found here.
Columbus Metro Park Locations:
- Battelle Darby Creek – Galloway, Ohio
- Blacklick Woods and Blacklick Woods Golf Course – Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- Blendon Woods – Westerville, Ohio
- Chestnut Ridge – Carroll, Ohio
- Clear Creek – Rockbridge, Ohio
- Glacier Ridge – Plain City, Ohio
- Heritage Trail Park – Hilliard, Ohio
- Highbanks – Lewis Center, Ohio
- Homestead – Hilliard, Ohio
- Inniswood Metro Gardens – Westerville, Ohio
- Pickerington Ponds – Canal Winchester, Ohio
- Prairie Oaks – West Jefferson, Ohio
- Quarry Trails – Coming Soon!
- Rocky Fork – Westerville, Ohio
- Scioto Audubon – Columbus, Ohio
- Scioto Grove – Grove City, Ohio
- Sharon Woods – Westerville, Ohio
- Slate Run and Slate Run Historical Farm – Canal Winchester, Ohio
- Three Creeks – Groveport, Ohio
- Walnut Woods – Groveport, Ohio
- Franklin Park Conservatory
The Franklin Park Conservatory is one of those magical places in Columbus – especially in the fall season when the gardens are full of pumpkins, mums and ornamental cabbages. Stroll around the conservatory during the day with your favorite fall drink or visit in the evening for spooky surprises during Pumpkins Aglow.
- Boo at the Zoo
Fall is a great time to visit the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium during the day – the weather is nice and cool, so walking around the zoo is a true delight – but it’s in the evening that the zoo really comes alive with the autumnal spirit during Boo at the Zoo. Activities include hayrides, pumpkin displays, candy stops for the kids, and superhero meet and greets.
Other great fall activities not to miss:
Ohio Gourd Show and Festival | October 1-3 | Delaware County Fairgrounds
Creekside Hops and Vines Festival | October 2, 2021 | Creekside Plaza in Gahanna
Festival For Good | October 8, 2021 | Franklinton
Columbus Italian Festival | October 8-10, 2021 | 168 E. Lincoln Street, Columbus
Donut and Beer Festival | October 16, 2021 | Huntington Park
The Great Westerville Pumpkin Glow | October 20-24, 2021 | Heritage Park
Highball Halloween | October 23, 2021 | Short North Arts District
Haunted Fest | October 29, 2021 | Ohio Expo Center